"This news shocked me too when my brain first reported it."
- Myself

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hallowe'enie! Passing classes! NaNoWriMo!

I found out today, much to my utmost joy, I actually AM passing Business Management!
I did the math - i had a 50, right on! five-o-n'-go! Hahaha! YES!

But then I did my lab, got perfect, and now my mark is a 52% ;D So excited, hurr. I should actually show up and do shit more often, lol!



But anyways, Hallowe'en pub is tomorrow, and I'm so excited. This was my favourite pub last year, and I'm totally looking forward to going again this year.

I'm either dressing in my Ninja costume (which I'm pretty sure you've all seen before, it's the one with the red kimono thing over top), oooor (and this one is more likely), my steampunk outfit. HURR.

Pictures.


This isn't the one I sewed together myself - that one is still a WIP. This is the one assembled from random articles of clothing I've been picking up at second hand stores and from around my house. I'm a little upset, though - two of my belts for this went missing. The shirt I spent hours chopping and re-sewing and dying went missing. My elbow-length lace glove(s) went missing. My fingerless black gloves went missing. the choker I hand-made went missing. I broke the thread holding up the gathers in the skirt (in the pictures I subbed in an old belt to hold it up, don't like it as much, but meh, it'll do). Various other parts were missing, too. So I'm pretty frustrated with it, it doesn't look as complete as I hoped.

But, alas, Joscelyn and Annemarie and I are all jumpin' in my Kabooki Justice tonight and motoring it off to Value Village, so we can find Annemarie a costume. I'll be picking up whatever odds and ends I can use while we're there. (btw, just in case you're behind on the times, Kabooki Justice is my car's name.)


Also, NaNoWriMo soon. Hmmm. I have a deillema here.

I can either...

1) Get started and finished on my Plant ID II final project before November (it's due at the end of Nov.) oooor
2) finish working out my plot kinks and name my characters and get my story plans all ready for NaNo.

...I don't think I'll have time for both. The reason I'm having trouble choosing is simple.
If I don't get my Plant ID II project done before november, It'll take away from precious novelling time and I will probably fail NaNoWriMo.
If I don't get my story plans done before I start, I'll get stuck in a really, really big rut (like I always do when I rush to start my not-very-well-thought-out-stories-where-my-characters-still-don't-have-names) and I won't finish.

It's really hard to decide - either way seems to lead to imminent failure of my novel, but I have this feeling that if I pick one and at least do one, I might be able to scrape by and make it through NaNoWriMo. I had to drop the story last year for Plant ID I, and I don't wanna do it again. HURR. What to do, what to do....

2 comments:

freethephoenix said...

Get your plant ID stuff done and then rush to finish your character ideas after Halloween! hahhaa
I also LOOOVE your steampunk outfit! The missing parts sound like it would have been sooooo sweet! Where did they go? What happened?

Kuroari said...

Dunno they just vanished D:

But I managed to get some sweet ass gloves today. Couldn't find any nice belts though.

Found some pocketwatches at Wal-Mart; but they were all ugly as sin. One had a big gaudy sailboat on it, one said "DAD" in big gold letters, and the other was just lamesauce. I was upset. I really wanted a NICE one, lol.