"This news shocked me too when my brain first reported it."
- Myself

Thursday, September 17, 2009

isometrics and drinkables.

So today, in Landscape Design, I had fun. :3 Which means I'm srsly considering not dropping it anymore.

We got to draw a Plan view of a house first, then give it up to 7 types of shrubs/trees in front. (Plan view is birds eye view.)

Then, working off of that view, we got to draw an Elevation view.
An elevation view is a flat-on view from the front.

Then we got to do an Isometric drawing. Basically, we taped a piece of thin vellum (vellum is a kind of interesting paper that can be see through, but you can get different grades that aren't) on top of our Plan view and drew a NON FLAT VIEW :D

This involved adding lots of new lines and stuff, and while tracing the bases from the Plan view, we made constant references to our Elevation views for heights. And although it isn't technically proper - if you were to make it a tangible, 3-d object it would look wonky - but all the measurements are exactly to scale. For example, the height of the walls, if you measure it out and convert it using the scale, are 8' - exactly what the Elevation view shows. If you measure along the base of the wall, it's ... I think it was 36'? yeah, thirty six. and convert it using the scale you get 36'! Plus, it's actually not a bad view - it's very informative, and helps the imagination impaired see what they're lookin' at.

I've got to colour it, but so far, here's what I have:



I likes it <3 My prekky little house.





Moving along, PUB NIGHT TONIGHT. :D And there shall be drinking in my room, so i am excitud. Huuuurrrr. gonna gets me some drunkenness~
Cheery whiskey! (straight, of course)
Beer!
...Fun Dip? ...FUCK YES! :D (I love candy ahaha)

2 comments:

Becky said...

GAH!!! THE PERSPECTIVE!!!!

IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!

But I like the trees. =3

Kuroari said...

LIKE I SAID IT'S ISOMETRIC PERSPECTIVE HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH IT, IT'S ALL ABOUT SCALE!

all caps ftw